It’s a New Year and our thoughts are turned to health and wellness–at least for a couple of weeks! So, I think it is important to talk about an oil that is pretty amazing–both for our physical and mental health. That oil is none other than coconut oil!
Modern medical science is now confirming the use of coconut in treating many of the conditions below. Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one form or another may provide a wide range of health benefits. I have found over fifty uses for coconut oil and since that is too many to put in one blog, I’ll divide them into two different blogs. Also, these bullet points do not provide detailed information about the uses of coconut–but you can find detailed information online, if you are interested.
Needless to say, coconut oil is an amazing oil and can be use to treat many different things from your skin to your bladder! You can purchase coconut oil from Costco. It looks like shortening–because it is very white, but it can easily be melted and is not affected by heat. I put one tablespoon in my daily protein drink. I think after reading these two blogs on coconut oil you will agree–its uses are varied and many and you should add it to your daily diet.
Twenty-six Reasons to Consume Coconut Oil or Coconut Meat:
- Reduces epileptic seizures
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections
- Dissolves kidney stones
- Helps prevent liver disease
- Is lower in calories than all other fats
- Supports thyroid function
- Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate
- Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats
- Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems
- Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection
- Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
- Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin
- Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
- Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion
- Provides protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun
- Helps control dandruff
- Does not form harmful by-products when heated to normal cooking temperature like other vegetable oils do
- Has no harmful or discomforting side effects
- Functions as a protective antioxidant
- Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease
- Does not deplete the body’s antioxidant reserves like other oils do
- Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.
- Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).
- Is completely non-toxic to humans